Because people are our number one focus:
At Stauffer we understand that there is more to life than crunching numbers and completing excel spreadsheet after excel spreadsheet. That is why we work every day to keep our employees happy by providing benefits and perks that are above and beyond industry norms:
- 25 days Paid Time Off, starting day 1.
- 3 months sabbatical every 5 years of service with Stauffer & Associates.
- Typically our office closes at noon on Fridays in July and August.
- Business casual work attire.
- Flexible work schedule.
Because we are in growth mode:
The growth at Stauffer has created, and will continue to create, opportunities for motivated existing and future staff to accelerate their careers. This growth will mean open positions throughout the organizations in both lower level and upper level positions
If you have experience in Public Accounting and are looking for a change in environment, send us your resume anytime of the year! We are always looking for experienced staff.
The CPA Exam
At Stauffer we offer competitive benefits for all employees who complete the CPA exam:
- Paid exam fees
- Paid course material
- A minimum of 80 hours per year of study time in the office
Audit, Tax or both?
At Stauffer all entry level staff will have a unique opportunity to try both audit and tax work before deciding which area they like best. Here is a quick description of each area’s tasks:
Audit & Tax Position Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and various functions of the audit and management support assignments
- Develop, analyze and interpret accounting information to complete audit and management support assignments.
- Provide financial analysis in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Maintain satisfactory relationships with clients; coach and develop team member’s skills, abilities and talents.
- Travel to client locations is required (approximately 2-3 weeks out of town per month).
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve tax issues; may meet with or call client with recommendations.
- Collect appropriate data and prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns in a timely manner.
- Sustain client relations; train, mentor and direct work of team members.
- File taxes so that all requirements are met while avoiding underpayment or overpayment.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.