Kris Nixon, CPA
Phone: (509) 344-3200
Kris started working with Tribal governments and casinos in 2001 has spent the majority of his career in public accounting servicing Tribal governmental entities. During Kris’ public accounting career, he has been a member of the peer review committee for Montana, actively involved in quality control for GASB and FASB audits, worked with the team that wrote NAFOA’s Financial Reporting and Information Guide for Tribal Governments and Enterprises, and performed internal inspections. In addition, Kris has been a noted speaker at national conferences and provided trainings to many clients on Tribal government related topics. After leaving CliftonLarsonAllen as a principal, Kris became a partner at Stauffer & Associates in 2019.
The majority of Kris’ career has focuses on Tribal governments, casinos, and related enterprises. He has worked with over 70 casinos, 50 Tribes, and 100 enterprises during his career. In addition, Kris has worked with several large universities, two large city governments, several state agencies, and many smaller school districts.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting and finance from Montana State University - Billings
- CPA licensed in Washington and Montana
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Montana and Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member of the Montana Peer Review Committee